Standard Promotion Rules
STANDARD PROMOTION OR COMPETITION RULES
The ‘Promoter’ is Shishaland Limited.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all Shishaland employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their immediate families;
(b) all people under the age of 18 years;
(c) all people who have won a prize from last month’s random draw and the winner will be stood-down from winning for a period of 90 days (3 months).
(d) participants living outside of New Zealand.
Note: ‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
- These Rules apply to all Shishaland Promotions, Giveaways or Competitions, on our website, or social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
The Rules may change from time to time.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the ‘ Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules registration, entry is limited to 1 per person, or in a Giveaway, it is limited to 1 per online order. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (bill payer or receiver of product) to enter the Promotion. Shishaland have the right to request proof of purchase or proof of identity.
- No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific Rules.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
- Shishaland Limited reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- Shishaland Limited reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Shishaland Limited decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion, Giveaway, or Competition or has won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant Shishaland Limited exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
- Where the Promotion involves texting, the following apply:
- The telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database.
- The entrant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used for future promotion and marketing purposes; and
- Shishaland Limited takes no responsibility for text costs incurred when responding.
Winning the Prize
- Only the person(s) who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the ‘Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), mail or in person and must be available. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g. when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If the winner does not confirm their shipping address within a week of announcement, it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the Prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Shishaland Limited in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
- Shishaland Limited reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Shishaland Limited will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
- Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Shishaland Limited control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Shishaland Limited has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited or another winner will be selected.